Thursday, January 5, 2012

Stay at Home

Thanks for the article from Jermaine Haynes

Remember when EVERYONE was a stay at home mom? I was in a small community of people like that when I was growing up and that’s just what I thought was normal, to tell you the truth, and I know that nowadays it’s anything but normal where I live. I chose to stay home with the twins when I had them because I think it’s good for babies to have their moms close by as they’re growing up but a lot of the other women in my neighborhood seemed to look down on me for not having a full time job. I spend a lot of time worried about whether or not they’re happy and house stuff, like if the furnace will work when it gets cold and about the Oncor Electric rates in our area, you know, the usual stuff. My husband likes that we’re a really traditional style family and I have to say that even though I spend a lot of time at home, I’m proud of it!

No comments: